In the Novice division, the TCHL’s strong emphasis on skills development continues. The concepts of positional and team play are also reinforced, while players of like ability continue to play against each other in games.
- Players are evaluated according to ability at skills evaluations held at the start of the season.
- Players are divided into three lines (A, B & C) based on these skills evaluations and teams are then formed.
- Teams have one game and one practice per week.
- Schedules are provided at the beginning of the season.
- Depending on the number of teams in this division, each team will rotate through the time slots for games and practices.
- Games are 50 minutes in length.
- 1st period 10 minute 2 minute buzzer stop time.
- 2nd period 10 minute 2 minute buzzer stop time.
- 3rd period 12 minute 2 minute buzzer stop time.
- Power skating and skill development sessions may be scheduled from time to time in regular practice times at no additional cost.