In the Under 9 (Novice) division, the TCHL’s strong emphasis on skills development continues. The concepts of positional and team play are also reinforced, while players of likeability continue to play against each other in games.
The Under 9 (Novice) division will play half-ice until the December break and on their return, they will play full ice.
All developments will be run by qualified instructors
- Players are evaluated according to ability at skills evaluations held at the start of the season.
- Players are divided into three lines (A, B & C) based on these skills evaluations and teams are then formed.
- Teams have one game and one development session per week.
- Schedules are provided at the beginning of the season.
- Depending on the number of teams in this division, each team will rotate through the time slots for games and developments.
- Games are 50 minutes in length.
- Power skating and skill development sessions will replace regular practice times.
Players will receive a hockey jersey, socks, insurance, medal & pictures.