- Players are evaluated according to ability at skills evaluations held at the start of the season.
- Teams are formed so as to be as balanced as best as possible and will continue to be balanced until December.
- Weekly practices are led by the team’s coaching staff.
- There are a number of weekly practice & game hours for this division. Each team rotates through the time slots available. Two teams practice together weekly.
- Each team plays a game once a week.
- Games consist of 3 ten-minute stop time periods.
- Full-time goalie positions are available in this division, but cannot be guaranteed. If there are more goalies than teams, goalies must share the position on as many teams as required.
- Power skating and skill development sessions may be scheduled from time to time in regular practice times at no additional cost.
Full-Time Goalie Position
Beginning in the Under 13 (Peewee) division, players may choose to become a full-time goalie. In divisions where there are players who only want to play goal, the convenor shall ensure that these players are equally distributed among the teams. If there are more goalies than teams, the position must be shared equitably on as many teams as necessary to accommodate all goalies.
A full-time goalie position cannot be guaranteed as it is dependant on the number of players who want to play in goals in a division in any given year. The division convenor will allocate goalies on as equitable a basis as possible among teams in the division.
Players will receive a hockey jersey, socks, insurance, year-end party, award & pictures.